Donny Daugherty was preparing Monday to return to Orlando, Florida, after a weekend of softball at the Scenic City Fall Showcase when he spotted the gas price at the Circle K station near his hotel in Lookout Valley.
At $2.51 per gallon for regular gas, the Circle K station was offering the cheapest gas in Tennessee on Monday at a price nearly 80 cents a gallon less than what Daugherty said he had been paying for gas in Florida.
“I love these prices and glad to see it,” Daugherty said as he filled up his rental Ford Expedition. “Gas prices are a constant battle that cuts into your bottom line, so I’m really glad to see prices coming down again.”
Chattanooga gas prices dropped in the past week by an average of nearly 11 cents a gallon to their lowest average prices since the start of the year and analysts expect gas prices should decline even more this month.
- Best hotels and resorts in the US? Vote now for your favorites
- Hilton Bayfront employees reach deal with hotel regarding new contract
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Look Parisian Chic During Honeymoon Lunch Date
- Gleaming mooncake deals for mid-autumn festival 2022, Lifestyle News
- Take a peek at Nashville's first five-diamond hotel